I was nominated for a Liebster blog award by Ashley over at From Ashley to Awesome. Thank you so much for the nomination! The Liebster award is given to new or small blogs (under 200 followers). The Liebster Award isn’t an actual award in the sense that you receive a certificate, prize, medal or statue of some sort; it is blog recognition from a fellow blogger. This is a great way to gain exposure for your blog and a sweet acknowledgment from the nominator. There are some incredible small blogs out there and I’m excited to have been nominated for this award. To qualify for the Liebster award you have to complete a few tasks and then pass this along to other new/small bloggers.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
- Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award to and link them in your post
- Go back to their page and tell them about the award
- No tag backs
- I played the clarinet from 6th grade all the way through college
- I can’t stand anything with onions in it, flavored with it doesn’t matter. I can smell them a mile away and hate the texture.
- As a kid I used to be on a clogging team. Don’t know what that is? Here – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clogging
- Only been out of the country three times in my life so far – 1st was to Belize my senior year in high school, 2nd was on a cruise my senior year in college and 3rd was to Bonaire on my honeymoon
- I can curl my tongue and flip it over
- I love chocolate, especially dark but not the super duper dark that is way too bitter.
- I can pinch people with my big toe
- Love fantasy books with a little mid evil twist- Eragon, Harry Potter, Hunger Games and a series I remember as a kid – Alanna: the First Adventure (Song of the Lioness). Story of a girl that wants to be a night.
- I’m certified in scuba diving and I love to snow ski – now I haven’t done either one in a while but that’s alright.
- I know way more about cars than I ever thought I would. But I guess being with my hubby (including dating) for 18 years will do that do you when he spews car knowledge all the time.
- I am commonly mistaken for someone much younger than I am. Yes I know I should be happy about this but it’s kind of annoying. This was a few years ago but I had a rep from the local cable company stop by my house and actually ask if my parents were home.
Questions from Ashley
- Why do you blog? Because I love to talk and during my personal journey to get fit, I would tell people about it and would inspire others. So figured the next step would be to put it all out there in a blog.
- If you could spend one day as any famous person, who would you choose and why? OMG! I don’t know. I bounce between a famous scientist or someone from classic hollywood. I can’t decide.
- What is your favorite movie, television show and book? Movie – Gladiator, TV – NCIS, Book- Harry Potter
- If you could go anywhere, money not an issue, where would you go and why? I want to spend several months in Europe – I love history, mid evil stuff, and would love to travel all over getting to see some of these wonderful places.
- Siblings… how many, if any, do you have? 2 younger sisters
- What is your New Year’s resolution for 2013? Don’t have any, I hate them and think they set you up for failure.
- Favorite meal? Breakfast
- What is one luxury you are willing to live without? I won’t lie that I do enjoy a good TV show but I could see my family dealing just fine with no TV. We are not a family that has them in every room. We only have 2 and one of those is out in my hubby’s garage so it doesn’t get used all the time.
- What is your favorite childhood memory? Going on ski trips with my dad
- Favorite band? Favorite song? Mumford and Sons, Sigh No More
- What is your dream job and why? Running a shelter for animals. I love all kinds of animals, so if I could I would take multiple acres and make a place for dogs, cats, horses, pigs, and other animals can come until I find them a forever home.
Questions for my nominee
- What is your favorite food?
- If you were stranded on a deserted island what 3 things would you take with you?
- Toilet paper – roll over or under?
- When you were in elementary school what did you want to be when you grew up? What do you do now?
- When did you get your first cell phone and how big was it?
- What is your favorite blog to read?
- Country or Western?
- Mexican food or Italian?
- If you could go back and change career’s what would you do now based on what you know now?
- If you could go back in time and talk to one person who what that be? Why?
- Do you believe there is life in outer space?
My Nominees: in no particular order
- Caryn at Caryn’s Gotta Run
- Jen at Just a Mom Giving it a “TRI”
- Lucy at Run Chunky Run
- Tammy at gingermantra
- Kathryn at aweigh with me
- Larissa at Piloting Paper Airplanes
- Kellie at I am Kellie Gray
- Courtney at So Many Miles, So Little Time
- Irma at Moms RUN San Jose
- Sue at This Mama Runs for Cupcakes
- Jacy at Back on Track
A sweet person left me a comment on this post and it got dumped into the spam folder. I was trying to retrieve it but now it’s gone. I’m sorry 😦
I love your responses! and your blog!